WEBSITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
NewSunSEO - Internet Marketing Professionals
Your website has only seconds to communicate your company’s services. Web design is not just having a visually attractive website. Every aspect of what your site says and how it says it must be carefully configured. Information architecture must be used in combination with call to actions to effectively communicate your ideas and acheive your website's desired goals. Your website needs to provide meaningful information consistently and immediately.
Research To Make Informed Decisions
Looking at search upfront and during the design and development phases plays a big part in understanding many valuable pieces that factor into your website’s success. Performing keyword research, competitive research and other search analysis provides data, information and insight that you need to make big decisions.
Here are 10 benefits to having search integrated at the start of your web design process:
- Gauge the interest in your service or product offering
- Define your keyword targets
- Insight into the type of content you should cover, what is valuable to a user
- Insight into needed website features like e-commerce, blogs, forms, etc.
- Insight into information architecture (navigation, sections and pages)
- Design and usability, especially call to action features
- Creating user goals and conversions/engagement to build around
- Ensure needed technical and SEO friendly code practices are met
- Ensure proper content management systems are used (search friendly ones!)
- Understanding who you are competing with in search results for traffic
Search, design and development all excel when the three work together in the planning and production phases. Building a website and then setting out to optimize it for search can cause rework in both the design and the development of the site. Nobody wants to take steps backwards in time and budget when they can be easily avoided. When the opportunity arises to design or redesign your website, make sure you give search it’s fair shake in the project upfront. Without it, you’re missing a key ingredient in your long term online success.